Regular Guy Chat with Anthony | Being A Better Man Episode 288, February 3, 2023
A semi-regular feature of Real Men Feel is Regular Guy Chats. That is when I have a conversation with an average dude with nothing to promote, just a willingness to share.
The first Regular Guy Chat of 2023 features Anthony Scire. Like most men, Anthony wears many hats; personal trainer, father, husband, friend, mentor, and outdoor enthusiast, to name a few. In my experience, Anthony is, first and foremost, a good man.
We discuss Anthony’s experiences growing up, encountering the “man box,” the ManKind Project, and wanting to be a better man. We explore doing the hard inner work, honesty, integrity, authenticity, humor, and being of service.
Anthony shares a number of books that have helped him and what he’s learned about himself after feeling disappointed by other men.
“I want to be that person I didn’t have. A better human, a better man.”Anthony Scire
Topics and Questions
- 1:16 – What prompted you to get involved with the ManKind Project?
- 2:59 – How did you learn what it means to be a man?
- 4:43 – What led you to realize that this conditioning wasn’t bringing out the best in you?
- 5:46 – What makes the difficult inner work worth it to you?
- 6:53 – Is it harder to be honest with yourself or with others?
- 8:08 – What are some of your best skills?
- 10:22 – How do you know you are a good husband and father?
- 12:21 – Why does service matter to you?
- 16:43 – What are you proud of?
- 18:15 – What is one thing you wish more men knew?
- 19:22 – Can you share a habit, book, or practice that has helped you?
- 21:49 – What man had the biggest impact on you?
- 23:10 – What was the root of your disappointment in men?
- 26:55 – Is that pattern of being disappointed driving you to be better?
- 29:25 – Is there some end state of a perfect man to reach?
- 28:23 – What are you looking forward to?
- 30:06 – Anything else you want to share?
- 32:22 – What’s the best way for people to learn more and connect with you?
Anthony Scire — https://www.anthonyscire.com/
Book a call with Andy → https://theandygrant.com/talk
Want to help support Real Men Feel? Visit anchor.fm/realmenfeel/support
Watch this episode on YouTube.
Listen on Apple Podcasts.
Enjoy Real Men Feel on Spotify
Listen to the podcast on Google Podcast.
Let us know what you think here in the comments, or shoot an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Grab the Real Men Feel Guide to Friendship for a list of places you can meet more male friends, and subscribe to the Real Men Feel newsletter.