Healing From Trauma | Moving From Pain to Possibility Episode 284, January 6, 2023
I have yet to meet anyone who hasn’t suffered some form of trauma. It seems that the human experience was made to include trauma. Trauma doesn’t just mean physical abuse, sexual abuse, and war. It can be more minor things like not having all your needs met at any point in childhood. The simplest definition of trauma is anything too high in magnitude for you to deal with at the time.
My guest today, Greg Wieting, helps leaders and entrepreneurs heal anxiety, depression, chronic pain, and trauma so they can lead with bold and courageous hearts.
For two decades, he’s helped hundreds of clients reduce or eliminate their dependence on antidepressants, anxiety, pain, and sleep meds. He addresses the unresolved trauma that causes inflammation, compromises immune function, stagnates emotion, fogs thought, and creates hormonal imbalance.
He is the founder of PRISMA – a framework overlaying trauma, neuroscience, and energy medicine with somatic and mindfulness-based practices. He developed this while healing his anxiety, depression, and chronic pain rooted in trauma. This included unraveling a severe spinal curvature and standing three inches taller today!
We explore attachment wounding, unmet needs, and unresolved trauma. As well as the benefits of energy medicine and trying things you’ve never heard of.
“I think healing is developing a really robust, compassionate relationship from ourselves to ourselves.”Greg Wieting
Topics and Questions
- 1:52 – Tell me a bit about your experience with trauma growing up.
- 7:23 – I’m not a random collection of chemicals
- 7:50 – Is the state of being overwhelmed different for each person?
- 9:54 – What was your chronic pain caused by?
- 12:48 – What were some of the first things you did that helped and gave you hope?
- 16:41 – What are some common mistakes regarding trauma and healing?
- 20:21 – Can all trauma be healed?
- 23:14 – How does energy medicine work?
- 26:01 – Animals can physically shake things off. Do you think humans were ever like that?
- 28:54 – Tell me more about PRISMA.
- 32:44 – Is there anything you wish you had learned at a younger age?
- 34:36 – Your spine straightened out on its own?
- 36:02 – Can you share a habit, practice, program, or book that has helped you?
- 40:12 – What are you looking forward to?
- 41:37 – What’s the best way for people to learn more?
Greg Wieting — https://www.gregwieting.com
Check out the Vegas SkyJump I mention in this show – https://youtu.be/W-333W0T6Wk
For a great book on trauma, see The Body Keeps The Score – https://amzn.to/3GKRO2k
Book a call with Andy → https://theandygrant.com/talk
Grab the Real Men Feel Guide to Friendship for a list of places you can meet more male friends and get on the Real Men Feel weekly newsletter.
Want to help support Real Men Feel? Visit anchor.fm/realmenfeel/support
Watch this episode on YouTube.
Listen on Apple Podcasts.
Enjoy Real Men Feel on Spotify
Listen to the podcast on Google Podcast.
Let us know what you think here in the comments, or shoot an email to email@example.com.
Leave a Reply