Is Happiness A Choice? Episode 210, November 3, 2020
Happiness consultant, Kris Ali, knows that the ultimate state of being is joy. He joins us to discuss what holds us back from choosing to be happy and how we can boost our happiness set point.
“Happiness is essentially about our relationships. Not just our relationships with other people, but the relationship we have with our self, and the relationship we have with our past, our future, our present.” ~ Kris Ali
This week’s episode is a master class in positive psychology. Kris shares how choice, focus, and gratitude can create more happiness and how happiness can make us more resilient.
Too many men think that happiness comes only from things, pursuits, and accomplishments. Those things give a boost to our mood, but it is short-lived. Real, long-lasting happiness comes from within. It is based on our perceptions, mindset, and choices. It is a lasting sense of well-being that we can all learn to cultivate.
We discuss the messages men receive regarding their emotions, the right to happiness, and the struggle of life itself. We come into this world naturally happy. Society teaches us that life is a grind, to notice the negative, find things to fix, and only see problems. It doesn’t have to be that way. Men are worthy of being happy.
This conversation is full of powerful techniques that have been scientifically proven to boost people’s happiness. Listen, put them into action, and decide for yourself.
Try A Free Men’s Group
Get the support and connection you’ve been longing for.
- (1:39) Is it a cliche to say happy to see you, happy to be here, etc?
- (2:33) What is happiness?
- (3:14) Is happiness a choice?
- (8:06) Have you always been innately happy?
- (10:40) Can we change our happiness set point?
- (20:11) What got you into studying happiness?
- (22:03) What are some common messages men receive regarding happiness?
- (25:38) Do you see more people putting a priority on their happiness?
- (27:58) What are some ways to cultivate resilience?
- (33:47) How does happiness show up in your life? What does it do for you?
- (35:44) What makes you happy?
- (40:30) What’s the best way to connect with you?
“I have the choice to focus on what I have or what I don’t have. We all have that choice.” ~ Kris Ali
Explore Joining A Men’s Group
Get support and connection at MensGroup.com/rmf.
Connect with Kris on Instagram.
Need to talk about getting out of your own way? Visit TheAndyGrant.com/talk.
Grab the Real Men Feel Guide to Friendship for a list of places you can meet more male friends and get on the Real Men Feel weekly newsletter.
Show your support for Real Men Feel by shopping at realmenfeel.org/swag.
Watch this episode on YouTube.
Listen on Apple Podcasts.
Enjoy Real Men Feel on Spotify
Listen to the podcast on Google Podcast.
Let us know what you thought here in the comments or shoot an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.