The Power of The Heart Episode 194, June 30, 2020
Martial artist, healer, and massage therapist, Akeem Sami, joins us to share how the power of our heart can supersede issues such as racism and manipulation. He’ll also discuss the importance for men to connect to their feminine energy.
“It is important to see everyone as who they are, who they show up to be, but know that there is something deeper.” ~ Akeem Sami
Early traumas in the public school system had Akeem feeling judged and suppressed. His parents homeschooled him, and he thrived. By his early teens, he worked with his dad’s motivational speaking business, studied and taught martial arts, homeschooling, and more learning to speak his truth, hone his confidence, intuition, community service, and much more.
We go on to explore the power of empathy, connecting and communicating energetically, the mask of being perfect, opening your heart, and shifts courtesy of car accidents. Akeem also shares some psychic experiences as a child, the challenge of maintaining an open heart with concepts of masculinity and seeing yourself as a microcosm of the universe.
Topics and Questions Include:
- (1:02) How are you, really?
- (1:59) Deciding what to share with the world.
- (15:30) Is there anything you’ve done that you haven’t excelled at?
- (17:38) Does leading with your heart come organically to you?
- (19:38) The notion that there is always more and always someone doing something better.
- (21:56) Even in times of extreme poverty, was your positive mindset always there?
- (28:13) What does melting someone’s heart mean to you?
- (31:12) Was this energy work a learned skill?
- (39:42) Psychic abilities of kids.
- (43:50) Did anyone ever tell you a man should not have an open heart?
- (49:31) The importance of connecting to feminine energy.
- (58:31) How far along is your autobiography?
- (59:40) Is there anything you wish you had learned at a younger age?
- (1:01:52) What are you looking forward to?
“I got off on melting people’s hearts. To get them to know me, and I get to know them.” ~ Akeem Sami
Support Real Men Feel
Grab some goodies at the Real Men Feel swag emporium.
Learn more about Akeem at SamiArts.com
Check out his dad’s book, The Unshackled Mind: How To Positively Cope With Racism And Bigotry.
Connect with Akeem on Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
Join the private Real Men Feel Facebook Group
Subscribe to the podcast at RealMenFeel.org/iTunes
Show your support for Real Men Feel by shopping at realmenfeel.org/swag.
Like the show on Facebook facebook.com/realmenfeelshow
Watch this episode on YouTube.
Enjoy Real Men Feel on Stitcher.
Listen to the podcast on Google Play.
Let us know what you thought here in the comments or shoot an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Leave a Reply