Exploring The Evolving Man Episode 150, October 1, 2019
Relationship Architect/Coach, Best-Selling Author, Speaker, and Workshop Leader, Geoff Laughton, joins us to discuss man’s search for meaning, purpose, and community. There are tremendous gifts and benefits when different generations of men work together.
“If you didn’t get to express your emotions growing up, that doesn’t mean they’re not there.” ~ Geoff Laughton
Geoff has over twenty years of experience coaching men and being involved in men’s work. He shares tremendous insights around the stigma of men asking for help, the need for growth in all humans, core values, and the gifts each generation of men can offer each other.
Listen in to hear about the power for millennials in learning from elders, and the urgency millennials can bring to older men.
Topics and Questions Include:
- (1:27) What is a relationship architect?
- (3:35) Has the willingness of men to look at themselves changed over the last 20 years?
- (5:30) How the r
iseof the #MeToo movement has moreyounger men wanting to learn more about themselves.
- (7:41) Is there an age that you know what the hell you are doing or is it realizing that you don’t know and it’s OK?
- (9:35) Is the younger generation of men making it okay for older generations to ask more questions?
- (13:16) How did #metoo serve as a catalyst for self-exploration by men?
- (15:56) Older generations were taught rules of being a man and the younger generation isn’t sure of the rules but knows they don’t like the old ones.
- (16:45) Geoff shares the story of the group exercise he’ll never forget.
- (21:00) The need to express anger before help can be received.
- (26:15) What makes men’s groups so beneficial?
- (31:38) Being sensitive to being called sensitive.
- (33:43 ) what makes a good man?
- (37:46) kind vs weak – what is the difference?
- (40:38) What is presence?
- (44:05) How do you find your core values?
- (50:07) What do you think men are evolving to?
- (52:53) Tell me about The Evolving Man?
Support Real Men Feel
Grab some goodies at the Real Men Feel swag emporium.
“As long as I’m breathing there is still a healthy portion of, ‘I don’t know shit’.” ~ Geoff Laughton
Listen to Geoff’s earlier appearances on Real Men Feel – Busting Relationships Stereotypes and Questioning The Rules That Bind Up Our Relationships & Dull Our Sex Life
Join the private Real Men Feel Facebook Group
Subscribe to the podcast at RealMenFeel.org/iTunes
Show your support for Real Men Feel by shopping at realmenfeel.org/swag.
Like the show on Facebook facebook.com/realmenfeelshow
Watch this episode on YouTube.
Enjoy Real Men Feel on Stitcher.
Listen to the podcast on Google Play.
Let us know what you thought here in the comments or shoot an email to email@example.com.