Regular Guy Chat with Matt Episode 148, September 17, 2019
Fan of the show, separated husband, father of four, and All-Canadian man, Matt Bascoe, joins us to talk about life. His wife’s request for
“People don’t change, they grow” ~ Matt
One week ago, Matt messaged the Real Men Feel Facebook page, “good afternoon, as a man who has been forced in to finding his emotional awareness and thus being able to feel things I have never been able to feel, I want to say thank you for your podcasts…such eye-opening stuff that reinforces the things I have read in some self-help books on the subject of men being so emotionally closed off. Its been a rough road but full of learning and self-discovery that has allowed me to enjoy things I may have
Today, he’s this week’s guest in an honest and thoughtful way.
Topics and Questions Include:
- (1:37) What scares you about being on this show?
- (2:35) Why be on the show?
- (3:14) Have you always been willing to share in this way?
- (4:16) What’s going on in your life that is bringing these emotions up?
- (6:48) Were you aware you were living behind a mask?
- (7:55) Did your wife asking for a separation create this shift?
- (9:15) Nothing is wrong with me!
- (9:45) Were you taught how a man should feel?
- (11:15) Does masculinity change at the border?
- (13:21) How did you discover this podcast?
- (15:10) Sometimes feeling feels horrible
- (17:17) Are you separated and heading to reconciliation or to divorce?
- (25:26) What makes a great dad?
- (26:42) Had you done any inner work prior to the separation?
- (27:58) Did your behavior model your father’s?
- (29:46) Can you share a habit, practice, program, or book that has helped you?
- (32:13) What happens when men aren’t willing to feel?
- (36:35) What is one thing you wish more men knew?
- (39:14) This takes a risk.
- (41:14) What keeps you up at night?
- (43:43) Have always been willing to give yourself the space to cry?
- (47:24) The urge to shut down or hate when a relationship ends.
- (50:27) What are you looking forward to?
- (51:27 )Anything else you want to share?
Support Real Men Feel
Grab some goodies at the Real Men Feel swag emporium.
“Being emotionally unavailable is basically being stuck as a child.” ~ Matt
Connect with Matt on Facebook or reach out firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out the book The Emotionally Unavailable Man.
Listen to Henry’s first appearance on Real Men Feel – Making Purpose out of My Shit Pit
Join the private Real Men Feel Facebook Group
Subscribe to the podcast at RealMenFeel.org/iTunes
Show your support for Real Men Feel by shopping at realmenfeel.org/swag.
Like the show on Facebook facebook.com/realmenfeelshow
Watch this episode on YouTube.
Enjoy Real Men Feel on Stitcher.
Listen to the podcast on Google Play.
Let us know what you thought here in the comments or shoot an email to email@example.com.