The Price of Unexpressed Emotions Episode 144, August 20, 2019
Husband, father, speaker, writer, coach, and trainer of men, George Stoimenov, shares the toll that unexpressed emotions took on his family, relationships, community and soul. Part of you dies when you aren’t free to express yourself.
“Depression is the opposite of expression.” ~ George Stoimenov
George shares his powerful experiences from living in an oppressed, communist Bulgaria, to meeting a girl who demanded more from him, to his introspection, growth and being of service to other men. Insights into depression, relationships, happiness, and being more than a boy in a man’s body abound in this interview. George and Andy touche on inner child work, forgiveness, expression, and the power in being childlike.
Topics and Questions Include:
- (2:18) What was it like growing up in Bulgaria?
- (3:39) The curse of my existence.
- (4:43) What were you taught or shown in terms of how men are supposed to act?
- (9:06) How did you deal with your self-hatred?
- (12:41) What was the change that allowed you to express your emotions?
- (19:30) How to forgive people.
- (23:00) Why do you think many men hide or deny their emotions?
- (29:43 )What’s the toll stuffing your emotions took on you?
- (32:00) How did your unexpressed emotions affect other people?
- (33:47) How do you play today?
- (36:15) You’ve created a resource called The Men’s Corner – tell me about that?
- (37:48) What prompted you to want to work with other men?
- (39:40) Can you share a habit, practice, program, or book that has helped you?
- (43:16) How’s your relationship with your dad today?
- (46:35) What is one thing you wish more men knew?
- (49:32) What are you proud of?
- (50:33) What are you looking forward to?
Support Real Men Feel
Grab some goodies at the Real Men Feel swag emporium.
“I wish for more men to be strong in their broken places.” ~ George Stoimenov
Explore the books Clifford recommended, Broken: My Story of Addiction and Redemption and King, Warrior, Magician, Lover: Rediscovering the Archetypes of the Mature Masculine.
Join the private Real Men Feel Facebook Group
Subscribe to the podcast at RealMenFeel.org/iTunes
Show your support for Real Men Feel by shopping at realmenfeel.org/swag.
Like the show on Facebook facebook.com/realmenfeelshow
Watch this episode on YouTube.
Enjoy Real Men Feel on Stitcher.
Listen to the podcast on Google Play.
Let us know what you thought here in the comments or shoot an email to email@example.com.