Buddy Your Buddy Episode 124, December 11, 2018
This week Andy Grant is joined by coach, mentor, speaker, and U.S Marine Veteran, Buddy Carchide, to talk about how he’s encouraging people to “Buddy Up” to better deal with pain, mental health, and the struggles of life.
“We are all one people. We are all buddies in this world.” ~ Buddy Carchide
Buddy is a self-described, “Simple guy, fighting the good fight and enjoying the grind of everyday life. Helping people through affirmation, enthusiasm, motivation, and support.”
Serving overseas made Buddy realize how the other half of the world lived and made him grateful for all we have in the US, but also lead to problems with anxiety, depression, and PTSD once he was back home. Buddy shares his story and how he’s now working to spread more love and kindness in the world.
Topics Covered Include:
- What does Buddy Your Buddy mean?
- Have you always been everybody’s buddy?
- Was there one experience that brought this shift?
- Is there one encompassing message in what you do?
- Replacing “Pay it Forward” with “Buddying Up.”
- The boomerang theory.
- Buddy’s post-service mental health challenges.
- Being a “tough guy” AND asking for help.
- Buddy’s three favorite tools for dealing with stress and anxiety.
- Discerning which thoughts serve you and which ones don’t.
- I appreciate you.
- Where do you want to see this buddy your buddy movement go?
Support Real Men Feel
Grab some goodies at the Real Men Feel swag emporium.
“I went from feeling like a superhero to a super zero.” ~Buddy Carchide
Learn more at BuddyYourBuddy.com
Catch Buddy’s prior appearance Talking about President Trump.
Subscribe to the podcast at RealMenFeel.org/iTunes
Like the show on Facebook facebook.com/realmenfeelshow
Watch this episode on YouTube.
Enjoy Real Men Feel on Stitcher.
Listen to the podcast on Google Play.
Let us know what you thought here in the comments or shoot an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.