Spiritual Path or Religious Path; What’s the Difference? Episode 80, February 13, 2018
This week Andy Grant and Appio Hunter are joined by author and speaker, Kallen Diggs, to discuss our experiences with religion and spirituality. Are they the same thing? Hear first-hand adventures with numerous faiths including; Pentecostal, Mormonism, and even Scientology. Uh oh, wait just a minute – Kallen had major internet challenges and never made it to Real Men Feel, but the show must go on!
See Kallen’s post that prompted the conversation – Spirituality or Religion? How to Discover What’s Good for Your Soul
“It is not about the label. It is about nurturing the soul.” ~Kallen Diggs
Topics Covered Include:
- Andy and Appio discuss their childhoods from a religious perspective.
- Appio shares some of his experience with Mormonism.
- Andy talks about his brief time in Scientology.
- Why are more people calling themselves spiritual instead of religious?
- What stands out as moments of “awakening?”
- Appio touches on conversion therapy.
- Anything you do now that you thought was total BS years ago?
- Can you see yourself returning to organized religion?
Support Real Men Feel
Grab some goodies at the Real Men Feel swag emporium or give us a tip.
There is no single right or wrong path. Find the way that brings you the most joy and stick with it as long as that is true.
Is there any way you can root yourself more in the realm of love?
As traditional religions got more organized and gained more control, they’ve moved away from the love they were rooted in and more into fear.
“If the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is thank you, it will be enough.” ~ Meister Eckhart
Like the show on Facebook facebook.com/realmenfeelshow
Subscribe to the Real Men Feel podcast on iTunes.
Join our private Facebook group: facebook.com/groups/realmenfeel/
Watch this episode on YouTube.
Enjoy Real Men Feel on Stitcher.
Listen to the podcast on Google Play.
Let us know what you thought here in the comments or shoot an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Help Support Real Men Feel
Digital Tip Jar