The Man Effect: Defining Masculinity Episode 96, June 5, 2018
This week on Real Men Feel, Andy Grant is joined by photographer, writer, and coach, Timothy Wenger, direct from Belgrade, Serbia to talk about his global quest to define masculinity, one person at a time.
“I have often wondered what it means to be a man, but in 2014 I decided I couldn’t wait any longer. So I started this project.” ~Timothy Wenger
The Man Effect was started all because of this one question, “If you were to describe what it means to be a man in one word, what would it be and why?” Every person interviewed, over 300 so far, has answered this question.
Topics Covered Include:
- How did you end up in Serbia?
- What prompted your desire to define masculinity?
- What is The Man Effect project?
- Where have you been?
- How many men have you photographed?
- Has there been a common theme in the answers?
- Do you recall an answer that surprised you in any way?
- Have answers changed based on where you are in the world?
- What is your ideal goal for this project?
- What was your life like before starting this quest?
- Timothy’s favorite questions to ask.
- Has your definition of masculinity changed as you’ve met more men?
- What’s next for you?
- How can people get involved?
Support Real Men Feel
Grab some goodies at the Real Men Feel swag emporium or give us a tip.
If you were to describe what it means to be a man in one word, what would it be?
Learn more at TheManEffect.com
Connect with Timothy on Facebook
The Man Effect on Facebook
Like the show on Facebook facebook.com/realmenfeelshow
Subscribe to the Real Men Feel podcast on iTunes.
Join our private Facebook group: facebook.com/groups/realmenfeel/
Watch this episode on YouTube.
Enjoy Real Men Feel on Stitcher.
Listen to the podcast on Google Play.
Let us know what you thought here in the comments or shoot an email to email@example.com.
Help Support Real Men Feel
Digital Tip Jar