Unleashing Your Soulful Power | The Power of Choice Episode 286, January 20, 2023
The introduction of this episode may give you flashbacks to high school English classes, but you’ll be fine. Today we explore the power of making a choice; choosing to see the light, being of service, and improving all that you can.
My guest is Christian de la Huerta, a sought-after spiritual teacher, personal transformation coach, and leading voice in the breathwork community. He has traveled the world offering inspiring and transformational retreats combining psychological and spiritual teachings with lasting and life-changing effects.
His new book, Awakening the Soul of Power, has won multiple awards and was described by Gloria Estefan as “a balm for the soul of anyone searching for truth and answers to life’s difficult questions.”
We explore choice, empowerment, and freedom. Christian sees heroism in pausing, taking a breath, and choosing your action instead of automatic reactions. There is tremendous heroism in doing the inner work, facing our demons and shadows instead of numbing out and self-medicating. Do not underestimate the courage it takes to own and share our feelings.
Christian shares the tool he finds best for healing past trauma effectively and quickly. We discuss the need to update the traditional roles of men, including the provider and the explorer. The conversation also touches on our conflicted relationship with power.
“We have this whole misunderstanding that to feel is weakness. I think it is the other way around.”Christian de la Huerta
Topics and Questions
- 2:02 – The opportunity at the dawn of each new year to make a choice.
- 3:24 – You write about personal power and heroism. Have you always felt your heroic self?
- 4:30 – Tell me about your upbringing.
- 6:08 – How do you define heroism?
- 10:17 – The react and regret cycle.
- 12:11 – Every emotion will be felt.
- 12:30 – What does it mean to be a man in the 21st century?
- 13:58 – What is the healthiest way to express masculinity?
- 17:17 – The Explorer role
- 18:05 – What does soulful power mean?
- 22:38 – What are some examples of being in that soulful power?
- 25:35 – Is there any ideal first step to switch from egoic power to soulful power?
- 26:24 – What helped you to go within when you first wanted to make changes?
- 27:59 – Andy’s experience with Holotropic Breathwork.
- 30:42 – A shared experience of self-sabotage in high school.
- 37:00 – Awakening the Soul of Power is Book 1 in your Calling All Heroes series. Can you share anything about what’s to come?
- 39:47 – What’s the best way for people to learn more?
Christian de la Huerta — https://soulfulpower.com
Check out Awakening the Soul of Power – https://amzn.to/3wjOUf2
See Andy’s book, Healing & Mystical States Are Just a Breath Away – https://amzn.to/3QT7owi
Watch Christian’s TEDx Talk, The Power of Breath – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLAziEkvUT8
Book a call with Andy → https://theandygrant.com/talk
Want to help support Real Men Feel? Visit anchor.fm/realmenfeel/support
Watch this episode on YouTube.
Listen on Apple Podcasts.
Enjoy Real Men Feel on Spotify
Listen to the podcast on Google Podcast.
Let us know what you think here in the comments, or shoot an email to email@example.com.
Grab the Real Men Feel Guide to Friendship for a list of places you can meet more male friends, and subscribe to the Real Men Feel newsletter.
Photo by Marek Piwnicki on Unsplash
Leave a Reply