Men Connecting With Men Episode 258, October 12, 2021
“Men are fixers. We think we need to know how to fix everything. I tell the men pretty much every week that we are not here to fix each other,” explains Alan Cantor, Spiritual Guide, Transformational Coach, and Founder of The Surround Men’s Group.
Tune into this week’s episode of Real Men Feel for a conversation with Alan Cantor about embracing the positives of being a man. Learn what is appropriate to say to younger boys about manliness, how to accept that your emotions make you stronger, and how to take opportunities to become a better man. Plus, check out Alan’s recommended video The Nail in your Forehead linked below!
“Fear is the basic emotion of men, the basic feeling. It’s where men drive their lives from.” – Alan Cantor
Alan Cantor has dedicated his life to creating a vision for children to live in a better world, and that starts with men. He believes there are three core concepts to improving a man’s life – connection, trust, and listening.
Alan opens up about his father dying when he was young and the effect it had on his understanding of manliness. Alan’s father was in many fraternal groups and seeing his father so passionate about connecting with other men made Alan want to connect on that same level. Alan looks at the wisdom his father gave him before passing as a gift that allows him to communicate, listen and understand men effectively.
Now, Alan runs a very successful men’s group, The Surround, where men come together to better each other and themselves by listening, connecting, and trusting one another.
• “We are all interconnected.” (12:56-12:59)
• “It’s really one energy that we are representing and living out.” (13:15-13:18)
• “Fear is the basic emotion of men, the basic feeling. It’s where men drive their lives from.” (16:47-16:54)
• “The most terrible words you can say to a boy is, ‘Be a man.’” (18:07-18:12)
• “We don’t just walk up to another man and go, ‘Hey! Let me tell you about my marriage.’” (23:05-23:12)
• “Men are fixers. We think we need to know how to fix everything. I tell the men pretty much every week that we are not here to fix each other. There is no way we can fix each other. I am not qualified to fix anybody. You’re not qualified. We just cannot do it.” (23:30-23:50)
• “Commitment before ego.” (27:00-27:04)
• “We who lead men, it’s on us to get what we need from other men.” (32:15-32:20)
Grab the Real Men Feel Guide to Friendship for a list of places you can meet more male friends and get on the Real Men Feel weekly newsletter.
“The most terrible words you can say to a boy is, ‘Be a man.’” – Alan Cantor
Connect with Alan Cantor:
Check out Alan’s video recommendation: The Nail in Your Forehead
Ready to start living your best life? Visit TheAndyGrant.com/lifeactivation
Want to help support for Real Men Feel? Visit anchor.fm/realmenfeel/support
Watch this episode on YouTube.
Listen on Apple Podcasts.
Enjoy Real Men Feel on Spotify
Listen to the podcast on Google Podcast.
Let us know what you thought here in the comments, or shoot an email to email@example.com.