The Importance of Listening to Your Dog Episode 253, Aug 24, 2021
Michael Overlie is an energy healer, life-purpose coach, and dog fanatic. Michael’s purpose is to help men awaken to their path by letting their dogs lead. We discuss how men can live a fulfilled life.
“I think certain animals are brought to certain people for certain reasons.” – Michael Overlie
The bond between man and dog is a tale as old as time, and the connection between Michael and his dog is no different.
At a point when Michael felt his most vulnerable, his rescue dog Darby was the one who helped him steer away from his self-destructive path through energy. This, coupled with the passing of Michael’s brother, served as a catalyst in discovering his gift of energy healing.
In this episode, Michael and Andy dissect the relationship between owners and their pets and decipher the messages our animals reflect back to us. They expound upon the judgment-free honesty that only dogs can provide, which allows men to break free from the fallacy of an alpha society.
Highlights and Topics:
- (01:14) When did Michael’s connection with animals begin?
- (03:25) How did Michael discover his gift of energy healer?
- (10:28) Why do people get along better with animals than people?
- (11:31) What tells a person a dog is connecting with you?
- (16:22) Do all animals have a higher level purpose?
- (17:21) When did Michael’s desire to be of service unfold?
- (18:54) Is it possible to get the wrong pet?
- (26:26) Can dogs help men discover their true alpha form?
- (31:51) What societal message enables men to put on a tough act?
- (36:27) What is Michael most excited about?
Grab the Real Men Feel Guide to Friendship for a list of places you can meet more male friends and get on the Real Men Feel weekly newsletter.
“I grieved him so hard and during that process it cracked me open, I realized then I needed to be different and I wanted to live differently.” – Michael Overlie
Connect with Michael Overlie:
Website | DogsandMen.com
Check out Andy’s book: Homer The Hound Dog’s Guide to Life: Six Life Lessons I Learned From My Dog.
Ready to start living your best life? Visit TheAndyGrant.com/lifeactivation
Want to help support for Real Men Feel? Visit anchor.fm/realmenfeel/support
Watch this episode on YouTube.
Listen on Apple Podcasts.
Enjoy Real Men Feel on Spotify
Listen to the podcast on Google Podcast.
Let us know what you thought here in the comments, or shoot an email to email@example.com.
Photo by DavidRangel on Unsplash
Leave a Reply