Feeling Through the Pandemic Episode 179, April 12, 2020
Kevin Fitzmaurice is an extraordinary regular guy who is out to inspire the world by sharing his life long struggle with depression and anxiety. I asked him to return to Real Men Feel to talk about dealing with all the emotions that might rise up at this crazy time.
“I think this is a great challenge for us. What do we want to be when we get out of this?” ~ Kevin Fitzmaurice
Kevin returns for an Easter special to discuss the emotions that can rise up in this time of fear and isolation, our resistance to feeling them, and how to dive in. We all have the opportunity to choose who we are going forward. What will you do with this gift of time?
Topics and Questions Include:
- (0:04) What Andy’s been feeling.
- (4:45) How has Kevin been?
- (5:33) The coronavirus diet and exercise as an antidepressant.
- (6:17) What got Kevin really depressed.
- (6:58) Not having a purpose right now.
- (8:32) Being an over-thinker.
- (10:10) The fear of fear becoming worse.
- (13:16) What do we want “normal” to be?
- (16:06) In all tough times, the best in people does show up.
- (19:18) The beauty of life.
- (20:23) The old excuse of not having enough time.
- (22:13) This is a resurrection opportunity for us all.
- (25:20) Struggling with finding the off switch as everything blurs together.
- (28:14) This is a time we can all reclaim our power.
- (31:08) Choosing love or fear.
- (36:04) Final tips for someone feeling emotionally isolated.
“If they could make a magic pill that fixed all your problems, it would be exercise.” ~ Kevin Fitzmaurice
Support Real Men Feel
Grab some goodies at the Real Men Feel swag emporium.
Follow Kevin on Instagram.
Connect with Kevin on Facebook.
Disturbed Sounds of Silence, COVID19 Edit.
Join the private Real Men Feel Facebook Group
Subscribe to the podcast at RealMenFeel.org/iTunes
Show your support for Real Men Feel by shopping at realmenfeel.org/swag.
Like the show on Facebook facebook.com/realmenfeelshow
Watch this episode on YouTube.
Enjoy Real Men Feel on Stitcher.
Listen to the podcast on Google Play.
Let us know what you thought here in the comments or shoot an email to email@example.com.
Leave a Reply