Do Politics & Men’s Work Mix? Episode 141, July 30, 2019
Curator of TheMensSchool, Jan Hutchins, returns to the Real Men Feel to talk about political discourse, men’s work, hallucinations, division, responsibility, and the shit hitting the fan.
“It is part of being a man of the world to play a role in the experience you’re having. To take responsibility for your world and your life.” ~ Jan Hutchins
Then we move on to the subject many try to avoid but has become too dominant an aspect of our culture – politics. Specifically, what prompted him to begin sharing political posts in TheMensSchool and what the reaction has been. The conversation takes us to hallucinations, trauma, chaos, and how best to chill through the showman’s shit storm.
Topics and Questions Include:
- Revisiting, Is life easy or hard?
- What made you decide to first share political articles and opinions?
- What’s the response been?
- Why Jan likes push-back.
- Why have we become so jaded and cynical?
- Is this extreme divisiveness the new normal or an aberration?
- Do you have any fears or hopes around a Trump reelection?
- A viral response from Trump supporters.
- What might unwind the tension?
- The corporate takeover of the U.S.
- What might prompt the bringing together of people again?
- Do politics and men’s work go together?
- What is one thing you wish more men knew?
Support Real Men Feel
Grab some goodies at the Real Men Feel swag emporium.
“We are living in a pandemic of stress, trauma, and attachment disorder.” ~ Jan Hutchins
Connect with Jan on Facebook
Check out TheMensSchool
Explore the book Jan mentioned, The Body Keeps The Score: Brain, Mind, and Body in the Healing of Trauma
Join the private Real Men Feel Facebook Group
Subscribe to the podcast at RealMenFeel.org/iTunes
Like the show on Facebook facebook.com/realmenfeelshow
Watch this episode on YouTube.
Enjoy Real Men Feel on Stitcher.
Listen to the podcast on Google Play.
Let us know what you thought here in the comments or shoot an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.