One Broken Mom’s Thoughts on Men Episode 126, January 9, 2019
This week Andy Grant is joined by the host of the One Broken Mom podcast, Ameé Quiriconi. As a former wife, and always a mom, Ameé has concerns about the mental health of men, raising a son, dating, and more.
“When we pretend we are perfect, we miss tremendous opportunities to heal and repair.” ~ Ameé Quiriconi
We found that women face many of the same challenges men do, specifically; hiding behind masks, not being encouraged to express emotions, fear that they can’t keep up with expectations, and dealing with the judgment of others.
Topics Covered Include:
- Tell me about your podcast, One Broken Mom
- Why call it broken?
- Did being with a man who wasn’t in touch with his emotions or trauma make things more difficult?
- Stigmas and expectations around motherhood
- A violation of a primal trust can shut us down
- What are some of the best ways you feel repaired?
- What is the biggest trauma most men experience?
- Has raising a son changed your perspective on men?
- Can you have the sort of conversations you have with your son with adult men?
- Do you want to remain single?
codependancy, and fixing
- Confusing intimacy with intensity
- Is there something you wish all men realized?
Support Real Men Feel
Grab some goodies at the Real Men Feel swag emporium.
“I’m introverted until I find people worth
extroverting for.” ~Ameé Quiriconi
Join the private Real Men Feel Facebook Group
Subscribe to the podcast at RealMenFeel.org/iTunes
Like the show on Facebook facebook.com/realmenfeelshow
Watch this episode on YouTube.
Enjoy Real Men Feel on Stitcher.
Listen to the podcast on Google Play.
Let us know what you thought here in the comments or shoot an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.