Men and Postnatal Depression Episode 104, July 31 2018
This week Andy Grant is joined by leadership and communications consultant, Darren Horne, to share his call to adventure including postnatal depression and being a dad. Fatherhood isn’t always a magical and loving experience from the get-go. Postnatal, or postpartum, depression can hit men as well as women.
“Our parents did not bring us into the world to work 40 – 50 hours a week doing a job we hate.” ~Darren Horne
Darren shares how he tried to avoid his depression, as well as all the tools that helped, overcome it. Despite the subject matter, this is an upbeat conversation full of passion and zest for life. See Darren’s column on GoodMenProject.
Topics Covered Include:
- What is postnatal depression?
- How common is this for men?
- Had you ever heard of it or been warned about it?
- How did you deal with your postnatal depression?
- Since you’ve opened up about it have you met more men who’ve experienced it too?
- The pain and grief of a miscarriage.
- The many gifts coming out of challenges.
- Going through a divorce and being more resilient.
- Seeing life as a computer game.
- We live in a society that makes money off our unhappiness.
- The meaning of life.
- Darren’s book for teens.
- What does your vasectomy have to do with leadership?
Support Real Men Feel
Grab some goodies at the Real Men Feel swag emporium or give us a tip.
“We are the victim of a society that makes us stay safe in a grey and ordinary world.” ~Darren Horne
Darren’s book: Level Up Your Teens
Discover how easy it is to publish on Amazon. Check out Andy’s online course.
Learn more about Darren at DarrenHorne.com
Connect with Darren on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
Subscribe to the podcast at RealMenFeel.org/iTunes
Show your support for Real Men Feel by shopping at realmenfeel.org/swag, or visit DigitalTipJar.com/realmenfeel
Like the show on Facebook facebook.com/realmenfeelshow
Watch this episode on YouTube.
Enjoy Real Men Feel on Stitcher.
Listen to the podcast on Google Play.
Let us know what you thought here in the comments or shoot an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Help Support Real Men Feel
Digital Tip Jar
Leave a Reply