Having a Positive Relationship with Your Ex-wife with Al DeLuise Episode 86, March 20, 2018
This week Andy Grant is visited by writer, Al DeLuise, for a hilarious conversation about choosing to create a positive experience following a divorce. People can get divorced without wanting to kill each other.
Al has been writing humorous essays, which are often about him and his ex-wife, Arlene, since 2012. His writing about her often bothers other people much more than it does her. In fact, Al runs every article by Arlene first, and she’ll even remind of things to include. Despite that, one reader compared him to Hitler.
“Take the opportunity to calm down… There is no reason to go through hell.” ~Al DeLuise
Al says he’s getting along better with his ex-wife than his parents did while they were married. Having a good divorce is possible for anyone. It takes a conscious decision.
Topics Covered Include:
- A life of nothing but conflict and scotch.
- How his blog with Huffington Post started.
- Have you always written comedic pieces?
- Ex-wife approves everything written about her.
- I’m not making fun of her.
- Has she ever said, No – you can’t write about that?
- Is it possible to have a positive divorce?
- What do your kids think about the articles?
- Mingling with Clooney and Pacino.
- Being huge in Norway.
- What article has gotten the biggest response?
- What was the most surprising reaction?
- Watch Al discover how Zoom works.
Support Real Men Feel
Grab some goodies at the Real Men Feel swag emporium or give us a tip.
Some of the specific pieces mentioned on the show:
Driving Miss Crazy
The Day I Got Engaged the Universe Was Trying to Tell Me Something
What I Learned About My Ex-Wife After My Daughter’s College Graduation
Check out Al on GoodMenProject.com
You can learn more about Al at ConflictAndScotch.com.
Like the show on Facebook facebook.com/realmenfeelshow
Subscribe to the Real Men Feel podcast on iTunes.
Join our private Facebook group: facebook.com/groups/realmenfeel/
Watch this episode on YouTube.
Enjoy Real Men Feel on Stitcher.
Listen to the podcast on Google Play.
Let us know what you thought here in the comments or shoot an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Help Support Real Men Feel
Digital Tip Jar