Working Through Upset and Reactions Episode 78, January 30, 2018
This week Andy Grant goes solo with a member of the RMF private Facebook group who was upset with him and wanted to leave the group.
True to the title of the show, we bring some internal upset out into the light.
Last month, in the private Real Men Feel group on Facebook, one of our men took offense with something that Andy shared there. It was a video from a group of guys called The Try Guys.
Andy says: I had shared a video from them before and it was well received. I admit I hesitated about this but obviously decided to post it. The first comment on the video in the group was – “This is disgusting. I’m leaving the group.”
I was horrified that something I shared had driven a man to leave. It was a man I don’t recall ever speaking up before which made me feel even worse. I wondered what to do, to leave it be, reach out to him… I noticed he hadn’t left yet so I asked via reply to his comment if he would be willing to come on RMF in 2018 to talk about this.
He agreed. So here we are.
Topics Covered Include:
- What offended you about that video?
- The positives and negatives of Facebook.
- Stereotypes about masculinity.
- Andy’s reaction to Steve saying he was leaving the group.
- What drew you to the Real Men Feel group to begin with?
- Had Steve ever listened to this show?
- The courage it takes to speak up.
- The coolest thing Steve’s learned from all the men’s groups he’s in.
- The struggle of knowing what masculinity is.
- Steve’s definition of masculinity.
- Steve’s background and personal story.
- The benefits of being in a men’s group.
- What’s the least “manly” thing you do?
Support Real Men Feel
Grab some goodies at the Real Men Feel swag emporium or give us a tip.
Here is the video in that brought up the turmoil.
Steve shares a great deal about his journey and why he questioned his manhood and what makes someone a man.
“Those guys who have it all together, he’s so manly, he’s so cool… once you get to know them they’ve got just as many issues as you do. All men are created equal.” ~Steve
Being a man means you doubt being a man at some point.
Like the show on Facebook facebook.com/realmenfeelshow
Subscribe to the Real Men Feel podcast on iTunes.
Join our private Facebook group: facebook.com/groups/realmenfeel/
Watch this episode on YouTube.
Enjoy Real Men Feel on Stitcher.
Listen to the podcast on Google Play.
Let us know what you thought here in the comments or shoot an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Help Support Real Men Feel
Digital Tip Jar